Day At The Track

Counting Down-30% to go- Match gift for SRF

05:19 AM 02 Dec 2020 NZDT
Comment (...) Tweet Share Email Print
Capture.JPG
The Standardbred Retirement Foundation, (SRF) has reached 70% of its goal in the #Giving Tuesday match gift. That leaves 30% or $3,750 yet to raise to realize the $12,500. from a generous family who will match dollar for dollar .
 
Every day the cost to feed those with SRF in need of homes is more than $3,500. This year especially, due to the crushing of SRF's fundraising efforts, this match gift means so very much.
 
Gifts may be made here, https://www.adoptahorse.org/ , by calling SRF at 609-738-3255, by mailing to SRF, PO Box 312, Millstone, NJ 08535, or in person at 42 Arneytown-Hornerstown Rd., Cream Ridge, NJ 08514, or by using the link below DOUBLE YOUR GIFT HERE.HERE
 
YOUR GIFT MEANS EVERYTHING TO THESE HORSES
 
SRF remains the guardian for each horse for life; your dollar doesn’t just help today and leave a horse at risk in the future;
 
Eighty-six cents of every dollar is spent on the care of the horses;
 
In the late 1990s when harness racing was in its prime an average of 20,000 mares were bred. If these trotters and pacers are not already over the rainbow bridge, they have likely been used in rural communities as working stock. They are showing up tagged and weighed for slaughter in horrific condition needing our help and yours;
 
Even when an injured or sick horse is in great pain, giving them peace through humane euthanasia is very costly, approximately $500, for the veterinarian and the renderer;
 
Ninety-six percent of SRF's help comes from private donations;
 
The pandemic has caused the cancellation of every one of SRF's fundraising events except one;
 
Every horse may be visited at any time at all of the facilities boarding SRF horses. An appointment is necessary to accompany guests and can be made within an hour.
 
Tomorrow morning and the days that follow, SRF must find a way to fill the grain buckets, and stock the hay racks for each of the 400 trotters and pacers;
 
How SRF is different from every other organization:
 
It never relinquishes ownership so every horse remains safe in the event
an adopter falls on hard times, or has a lifestyle change, a common occurrence;
No other Standardbred exclusive organization manages and cares for this large number of horses, or remains the guardian for each horse for life; SRF requires semi-annual veterinary follow-up reports for as long as a horse lives; SRF exclusively helps Standardbreds; SRF has an average of 400 trotters and pacers under its expense and guardianship today, nearly 200 continue to be passed over for adoption due to age and injuries. SRF is the model program, helping Standardbreds for 31 years.
 
Gifts, and sponsorship of a horse may be made through SRF's website at https://www.adoptahorse.org/ or directly by contacting Tammy at 609-738-3255.
 
For questions by email at SRFHorsesandKids@gmail.com.
 
Thank you so very much for your support.
 
 
About Standardbred Retirement Foundation
 
 
Standardbred Retirement Foundation provides humane care and services for horses in need of lifetime homes, and in crisis, through rehabilitation, training, adoption, life-long follow-up
or life-time sanctuary, and offers therapeutic equine opportunities for children and adults.
 
SRF is a 31 year old registered non-profit organization, donations are tax-deductible.
 
 
Tammy Cailliau
Phone: 609-738-3255
Email address: SRFHorsesandkids@gmail.com
 
 
 
Comment (...) Tweet Share Email Print

Read More News About...

Stallion Name

Next article in USA: